Diet plays a very important role in improving the body and certain foods are known to improve to make eyesight better and clearer.
Here are some foods you can eat that are beneficial to your eyesight
1. Leafy greens - green veggies like kale and spinach are full of zeaxanthin and lutein. These are very important elements that helps prevent eye diseases like macular degeneration and cataracts.
You can also get these two antioxidants from peas, avocado and broccoli.
2. Fatty Fish - fish like tuna, mackerel, salmon and trout are rich in omega-3 fatty acids which helps in protecting eyes from cataracts and macular degeneration. They are also rich in DHA, a fatty acid found in the retina. DHA helps to ensure that the cells in the eyes function and develop properly.
3. Whole grains - grains like brown rice, whole oats and whole wheat breads are rich in Vitamin E, niacin, and zinc and they promote good eye health.
4. Eggs - they contain vitamin A and lutein which helps prevent dry eyes and protects against night blindness.
5. Legumes - you can eat this from black-eyed peas, kidney beans, and lentils. They are good sources of zinc and bioflavonoids and helps protect the eyes especially the retina.
6. Sunflower seeds - these are rich in zinc and Vitamin E.
7. Nuts - almonds, walnuts and pistachios are also rich in omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin E
8. Beef - they got zinc which helps out the body absorb more of vitamin a.
9. Fish oil - these supplements got omega-3 fatty acids and can reduce risk of getting cataracts and macular degeneration.
10. Sweet potatoes - this vegetable is rich in beta carotene just like carrots.
11. Blueberries -blueberries are rich in antioxidants and can help prevent cataracts, glaucoma, and other illnesses like cancer. It is also high in fiber pectin which helps lower cholesterol.
12. Chia seeds - these contain more omega-3 fatty acids than a salmon and has more antioxidants than blueberries.
13. Carrots - it has a lot of Vitamin A and it helps reduce the risk of getting macular degeneration and cataracts.
Vitamin A - can be found in spinach, carrots, kale, egg yolk
Vitamin E - fruits, green peppers, potatoes, broccoli
Lutein - kale, corn, spinach, broccoli
Vitamin C - whole grains, fruits like oranges, grapefruit, red bell peppers, eggs, sunflower seeds
Zinc - meat, fish, poultry, dairy products
Fatty acids - fatty fish like salmon , mackerel, anchovies, corn oil, sunflower oil
Lycopene - tomatoes
Bioflavonoids - grapes, apples, berries, yellow onions, legumes, dark chocolate, teas,